Student transport Reimbursement

Who reimburses the transport costs to school?

The transport of pupils is a municipal self-governing task of the districts and independent cities and is carried out independently by them.

The districts and independent cities provide if necessary for transport to schools in public and independent ownership or reimburse the travel costs. The conditions for entitlement to school transport or reimbursement of school travel expenses, the type and scope of transport or reimbursement as well as the application and billing procedure are determined by the districts and district-free cities by statute . It is published in the respective official announcement sheet and then also on the Internet. The individual claims of pupils for pupil transport or reimbursement of school travel expenses result exclusively from the respective statutes, not on the basis of the Brandenburg School Act. It also depends on the statutes whether parents or adult students have to contribute to the student travel costs. As a result of a popular initiative, § 112 of the Brandenburg School Act was amended so that the districts and district-free cities are no longer obliged by law to determine a cost share. They decide for themselves whether they want them.

The application for student transport or reimbursement of student travel expenses must be submitted to the school administration office of the district or the district-free city where the student lives. Young people with a vocational training or employment relationship submit their application in the district or in the district-free city in which their training or workplace named in the training or employment contract is located. As a rule, the following documents are required:

  • Application of parents or adult pupils to the School Administration Office (application forms at the School Administration Office, often also in schools and on the Internet),
  • Proof of school attendance (copy of the student ID, if necessary of the admission notice in the event of a change of school) and
  • in the case of a disability, proof of the disability.

Related Links

  • § 112 Brandenburg School Act

Responsible for the content
municipal framework service

Last update or date of publication
No information available