Permission to hold the professional title Of Dietetic Assistant from EU/EEA/Switzerland Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

The activity as a dietitian or dietitian is regulated in Germany. This means that in order to work as a dietitian or dietitian in Germany, you need a government permit. With this permission, you may use the professional title "Diet Assistant" or "Dietitian" and work in the profession. Even with a professional qualification from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, you can obtain state permission from the competent authority (an authority) in Germany. To obtain permission, you must have your foreign professional qualification recognised. In the recognition procedure, the competent body compares your professional qualification from abroad with the German professional qualification and checks the equivalence. The equivalence of professional qualifications is an important prerequisite for the granting of state authorisation. In addition to the equivalence of the professional qualification, you must meet other conditions for the granting of the permit. Further prerequisites are e.B. sufficient German language skills and health suitability. If your professional qualification is not from the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, different rules apply. You can also apply for the procedure from abroad.

The competent authority will tell you which documents you need to submit. Important documents are generally: Proof of identity (identity card or passport) German-language CV in table form with your trainings and professional activities officially certified copy of your certificate of education Proof of your relevant professional practice as a dietitian or dietitian Evidence of further relevant knowledge for working as a dietitian or dietitian Criminal record extract or certificate of leadership from your country of origin as proof of your reliability (this proof may be no more than 3 months old when applying) Medical certificate of your health (This certificate may not be more than 3 months old at the time of application. Proof may be from an authority in your training state.) The competent authority will inform you which documents you need to submit in the original or as a copy. If your documents are not available in German, you must submit German translations of your documents. The translations must be made by translators who are publicly appointed or authorised.

You have a professional qualification as a dietitian from the EU, eEA or Switzerland. They are suitable for health. (That means you can work mentally and physically as a dietitian or dietitian.) They are reliable for working as a dietitian or dietitian and have no criminal record. You have the necessary knowledge of German for the job. This is usually the level of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

Freedom to provide services If you only want to work temporarily and occasionally independently as a service provider or service provider in Germany, you do not need a state permit to take the professional title. However, special conditions apply: you must report your work to the competent authority before the first activity. The competent authority will inform you exactly about the procedure. Equivalence decision The authorisation procedure also examines equivalence (recognition procedure). You can request a separate decision for the outcome of the audit. Electronic application You can also submit your application electronically. The application may be submitted directly to the competent authority. You can also submit the application to the Single Contact. The Single Contact Person will help you and forward the application to the competent body that will carry out the recognition procedure. Procedures for late emigrants As a late emigrant, you can go through the recognition procedure either according to the law mentioned here or under the Federal Persons of Displaced Persons Act. You can decide for yourself. Your competent body will advise you on this.
Examination of equivalence They apply to the competent body for permission to hold the professional title of "dietitian" or "dietitian". The competent body then checks whether you meet all the requirements. A prerequisite is professional qualifications. The competent body compares your professional qualification from abroad with the German professional qualification as a dietician or dietitian. The competent body shall check whether your professional qualification is equivalent. The professional qualification is equivalent if there are no significant differences between your foreign professional qualification and the German professional qualification. Possible results of the test If your professional qualification is equivalent, your foreign professional qualification will be recognised. The authority may confirm the result in writing. You have to meet the other requirements and prove your language skills. Then you will be allowed to take the professional title as a "dietitian" or "dietitian". If the body responsible finds significant differences, you can make up for the differences through your professional practice and other knowledge and skills (lifelong learning). You must prove your professional practice. Knowledge and skills must be certified by an authority of your country of origin. However, this knowledge may not be sufficient. You cannot then compensate for the main differences. Your foreign professional qualification will not be recognised. However, the competent body will tell you the main differences and why you cannot compensate for the essential differences with your professional practice. You may not work as a dietitian or dietitian. However, the competent authority offers you to take an adaptation course or take an aptitude test as a compensatory measure. If you successfully complete this action, you may work in the profession. Adaptation course or aptitude test If your professional qualification is not equivalent, you can choose between an aptitude test and a maximum of three years of adaptation. The aptitude test refers to the main differences in your professional qualification. The aptitude test is a practical test. The contents and the exact procedure of the examination are regulated by law. If you complete the adaptation course or pass the aptitude test (and meet all other requirements), you will be given permission to take the professional title of "dietitian" or "dietitian". Remedy You can take legal action against the decision of the competent authority. The decision will then be reviewed. Details of this can be provided in the appeal notice at the end of your decision. We recommend that you speak to the appropriate body before taking legal action against the decision.

Responsible for the content
Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training
(forwarded to the Federal Ministry of Health for approval)

Last update or date of publication
No information available