Prostitution Activity Permit Application
You can apply for permission to operate a prostitution business at your responsible public order office.
In addition to the obligation to notify under trade law, the Prostitute Protection Act prescribes a permit requirement for the prostitution trade.
You operate a prostitution business if you offer services in connection with the provision of sexual services by at least one other person on a commercial basis or provide premises for this purpose; by
- operate a place of prostitution,
- provide a prostitution vehicle,
- organise or carry out a prostitution event, or
operate a prostitution agency.
The permit can be limited in time and provided with ancillary provisions.
The responsible public order office is responsible for comprehensive monitoring rights. If you do not comply with the permit requirement, this can be punished accordingly.
There are administrative fees for granting the permit.
Depending on the operating mode, you submit different documents for the approval procedure.
Sole proprietorship (natural person)
- Identity card, passport, electronic residence permit if applicable
- Operating concept
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority according to document type "0", European certificate of good conduct
- Extract from the Central Trade Register for submission to an authority according to document type "9"
- Certificate in tax matters from the tax office responsible for you
Information on persons who are responsible for
- management and supervision tasks,
- Tasks within the framework of compliance with domiciliary rights or house rules;
- Admission control and guarding, even if they are not in an employment relationship with you;
- for persons who take on tasks of deputy, a deputy permit according to § 13 ProstSchG must be applied for
Companies (legal entities), for example GmbH
- current excerpt from the commercial register
- Copy of the articles of association
- Operating concept
- Identity card, passport, if applicable electronic residence permit for the legal representative(s)
- Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority according to document type "0" for the legal representative(s), or European certificate of good conduct (to be applied for at the corresponding municipality of residence)
- Extract from the Central Trade Register for submission to an authority according to document type "9" for both the company and the legal representative(s) (to be applied for at the respective municipality of residence or place of business)
- Certificate in tax matters of the competent tax office for the company and the legal representative(s)
Contact the public order office responsible for you in your district or district-free city to see if an application form is available.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Age of majority of the reporting person and, if applicable, his deputy
If you want to operate a prostitution business, request this in writing:
- Prepare the application (if necessary, a form is available, for example for the city of Potsdam).
- Add the necessary documentation.
- Submit the application and the necessary documents to the public order office responsible for you.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection
Last update or date of publication