Obligation to notify in accordance with Section 14 of the Explosives Act

If you want to purchase, transport or handle explosive substances for commercial purposes, you will need official permission, unless they are less dangerous products such as New Year's Eve fireworks. In addition, you must show the LAVG: the commencement of the business, the opening of a branch or an independent branch, the cessation of business or activities, the closure of a branch or an independent branch; the appointment or dismissal of a person responsible for the management of the business, branch or independent branch, and in the case of legal persons, the change of a person appointed to represent him in accordance with the law, the articles of association or the social contract. You are also subject to notification if you wish to sell pyrotechnic articles of categories 1 and 2.

in the notification of the establishment or opening of a business, branch or independent branch: information on the persons entrusted with the management Proof of expertise Where appropriate, proof of authorisation for handling explosive substances and pyrotechnic articles Proof of need if necessary

Online procedure possible: yes, when displaying the sale of micro and small fireworks Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: no

Appointment of persons responsible according to the size of the business and the nature of the activity Proof of expertise Where applicable, permission for handling explosive substances and pyrotechnic articles Proof of need if necessary
Section 14 Explosives Act (SprengG)

Retail information sheet: Sale of pyrotechnic articles of categories F1 and F2

You can indicate activities in the context of the commercial handling of explosive and pyrotechnic substances in writing, if necessary also online: Writing: It is enough to have an informal display. Add the necessary evidence. Submit the advertisement and the required documents/messages to the LAVG. Online (when selling micro and small fireworks): Open the form online and fill it out directly on the screen. Submit the form online. For more information, please contact us after filling in. You will receive a completed form as a PDF document for your documents.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection

Last update or date of publication