Blasting with explosive substances Display

As the person responsible for an explosion with explosive substances, you must report the explosion to your local regulatory authority. You must also display changes to the content of the ad or documents after the ad has been refunded. The prerequisite is that you are the holder of a permit in accordance with Section 7 or Section 27 of the Explosives Act. Blasts in installations that are approved in accordance with Section 4 of the Federal Immission Protection Act (e.g. in quarries) are exempt from the obligation to notify.

In the display, you list: the place, day and time of the blast (in the case of several explosions, the period during which they are to be carried out), the name and address of the persons responsible for the blast, as well as Number, date and issuing authority of the valid permit in accordance with Section 7 or 27 of the Explosives Act and the valid certificate of competency in accordance with Section 20 of the Explosives Act. In addition, you provide the following information or documents: Description of the blasting work according to Type, procedure and extent of the blasts explosive data, such as Type and maximum quantity of explosives and detonators to be used per explosion distance of the blast sites to particularly vulnerable buildings and installations within a radius of at least 1000 metres, in particular to Hospitals, schools, old people's and children's homes, sports facilities and playgrounds safeguards, in particular Coverage rooms for employees, traffic route closures and precautions to protect neighbouring residential and workplaces against rock flying, vibrations, blasts and noise bespoke site plan (shut-off plan) or documents containing information on the distance of the blast sites of traffic routes, residential and workplaces and public utilities within a radius of at least 300 metres if necessary: Calculation and planning documents Expert opinion

Online procedure possible: no Written form required: yes Personal appearance necessary: no

Permission in accordance with Section 7 or Section 27 of the Explosives Act
Section 1 Third Ordinance on the Explosives Act (3rd SprengV)

Information from the National Office for Occupational Safety, Consumer Protection and Health (LAVG) on hazardous substances Section 7 SprengG - Permission in the commercial sector Section 27 SprengG - Permission in the private sector

Before carrying out blasting work with explosive substances, indicate them in writing: It is enough to have an informal display. Add the necessary evidence. Submit the notification and the required documents/communications to the local regulatory authority in whose district it is to be blown up.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection

Last update or date of publication