You can apply for registration in the dental register at the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Dentists (KZV) of the State of Brandenburg.
The Associations of Statutory Health Insurance Dentists (KZV) maintain a dental register for each admission district, in which they record dentists. The register contains information about you and your professional activity as a dentist. This information is important for your admission.
You must first register in the dental register if you
- want to apply for authorisation or
- seek employment with a licensed dentist.
You apply for admission to the dental register.
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate, proof of name change
- Certificate of approbation as a dentist
- if necessary, also a certificate of approbation as a doctor
- Proof of dental activity after passing the dental examination
- if applicable, doctoral certificate
- Area names (orthodontics, oral surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery)
- Proof of the 2-year preparation period (sample confirmation letter)
You must provide proof of all the information provided in the application.
You present the documents in the original or as a certified copy.
Note: If you are unable to provide the required documents, you must otherwise demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Ask the KZV Land Brandenburg directly how you can provide the evidence.
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
- Approbation as a dentist
- Proof of at least 2 years of preparation
Note: The 2-year preparation time can be omitted in some cases. To do so, you must have obtained a diploma recognised under Community law in other Member States of the European Community and be entitled to practise your profession.
You must have assisted or represented one or more contract dentists for at least 6 months of the preparation period. You can replace up to 3 months of this time with an activity of the same duration in a university dental clinic.
Attention: Replacement periods will only be accepted if you have previously been employed for at least 1 year:
- as an assistant to a contract dentist,
- in university dental clinics,
- in dental wards of a hospital,
- in the public health service,
- in the Bundeswehr or
- in dental clinics.
You can also do the rest of the preparation time as an employed dentist in one of the facilities mentioned. Activities can only be credited from a length of 3 weeks.
You can apply for entry in the dental register in writing using the form provided:
- Download the form online and print it out.
- Fill in the form and add the necessary evidence.
- Submit the application documents to the KZV Land Brandenburg.
- The KZV Land Brandenburg confirms your registration in writing.
Note: With 2 partial approvals in different approval districts, 2 entries are made in the dental registers of the respective districts.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Integration and Consumer Protection
Last update or date of publication