Permission for insurance intermediaries Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Anyone who wants to arrange the conclusion of insurance contracts (insurance intermediaries) for commercial work as an insurance broker or as an insurance agent requires the permission of the responsible Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK). Permission is granted if you personal reliability, orderly financial situation, professional insinuating insurance and the relevant expertise can prove it. The permit may be restricted in content and subject to conditions to the extent necessary for the protection of the general public or the policyholder. Conditions can also be amended, supplemented and included retrospectively. In addition, you have to register for insurance intermediaries (VVR), which is set up at the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DIHK) e.V. The register is used to verify that you are registered as an insurance intermediary.