Craft role registration

The independent exercise of a craft subject to approval of Appendix A is not permitted without the registration of the craft rolls. If a craft is exercised without authorization and without registration with the Chamber of Crafts, the administrative office of the district or the district-free city may issue a prohibition order, close the business and impose fines. The obligation to register in the craft role also exists when essential sub-areas of a craft sector are exercised. The Chamber of Crafts issues a craft card via the entry in the craftsman's roll, which the tradesman can then identify himself with. A craft trade subject to authorisation (Annex A to the Crafts Code) is used to register those who intend to practise a craft on their own and whose manager has a certificate of competence. The necessary qualifications are: Masters in this or a related craft Engineers or technicians of a German high school, technical college or technical school for technicians in the field of the respective craft Nationals of an EU Member State / EEA Contracting State or Switzerland who have a diploma from a university/university/training institution with an equivalent level of training after at least three years of training and the completion of vocational training, if this is required during studies Master of the national industry of the respective discipline Industrial master, tested polishing of the respective subject area Holders of other equivalent tests in accordance with Section 42(2) HwO and Section 53 bBiG Holders of an exercise permit/exemption permit for the requested craft pursuant to Sections 7a, 7b, 8 or 9 HwO Displaced persons and late emigrants who, before leaving their areas of origin for the first time, passed a master's examination abroad (also applies to displaced persons who had their permanent residence in the territory referred to in Article 3 of the Unification Treaty on 2 October 1990) On the other hand, anyone who operates a non-licensed craft (Annex B1) or a craft-like trade (Annex B2) only has to notify the Chamber of Crafts. The farmer shall be entered in the list of holders of non-approved crafts or in the list of holders of craft-like trades.

Original documents or certified copies of the qualification certificates

Law on the Order of Crafts:

Related Links