Hunting license issuance for young people
The hunting license is issued by the lower hunting authority.
The hunting license is issued by the lower hunting authority if the applicant meets the following conditions:
- Passed hunter's examination. The exact regulation of the hunter test in Germany is the responsibility of the federal states. The hunter examination concludes with a complex, three-part, state examination.
- Proof of hunting liability insurance (at least € 50,000 for property damage and at least € 500,000 for personal injury)
- personal reliability according to the Weapons Act (WaffG), which requires, among other things, a flawless certificate of good conduct
- Minimum age 16 years
- Hunting licenses are also available for falconers and for foreign citizens.
Documents to be submitted when applying for a hunting license for young people:
- Proof of passing the hunter's examination
- identity card
- Hunting liability insurance policy
- two passport photos for the initial application
- if necessary, additional demand of the lower hunting authority
Forms from the lower hunting authorities already available online
The practice of hunting requires a passed hunter's examination, an existing hunting liability insurance and personal and physical aptitude.
In justified individual cases, the lower hunting authority may demand the personal appearance of the applicant.
§§ 16 i. V.m 15 Federal Hunting Act (BJagdG)
Procedures for the issuance of juvenile hunting licenses sometimes require further documents, which are requested by the lower hunting authority in individual cases from the applicant.
Application for a hunting license in writing at the lower hunting authority, where the hunter has her main residence.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Agriculture, Environment and Climate Protection (MLUK) of the State of Brandenburg, Department 3
VL-MLUK-Abteilung3@MLUK.Brandenburg.de , +49 331 866 7601 (Office)
Last update or date of publication