Hunting license issuance for foreigners
The hunting license is issued by the lower hunting authorities.
The hunting licence shall be issued by the lower hunting authorities if the applicant fulfils the following conditions:
- Passed hunter's examination. The exact regulation of the hunter test in Germany is the responsibility of the federal states. The hunter examination concludes with a complex, three-part, state examination.
- Proof of hunting liability insurance (at least € 50,000 for property damage and at least € 500,000 for personal injury)
- personal reliability according to the Weapons Act (WaffG), which requires, among other things, a flawless certificate of good conduct
- Minimum age 18 years, with at the earliest 16 years, the youth hunting license associated with restrictions can be issued by the lower hunting authority.
Hunting licenses are also available for falconers and for foreign citizens.
Documents to be submitted when applying for a hunting license for foreigners:
- Certified copy and German translation of the proof of the passed hunter's examination
- Identity card/passport
- Hunting liability insurance policy
- two passport photos for the initial application
- further documents at the request of the lower hunting authority
Forms from the lower hunting authorities already available online
The practice of hunting requires a passed hunter's examination, an existing hunting liability insurance and personal and physical aptitude.
Parallel to the issuance of a new hunting license, remunerated hunting permits and leased hunting district areas must also be submitted for registration.
In justified individual cases, the lower hunting authority may demand the personal appearance of the applicant.
§ 15 Federal Hunting Act (BJagdG)
Procedures for the issuance of youth hunting licenses, falconer hunting licenses and foreigner hunting licenses sometimes require further documents, which are requested by the lower hunting authority in individual cases by the applicant.
Application for a hunting license in writing at the lower hunting authority, where the hunting is to be carried out or the habitual residence takes place.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Agriculture, Environment and Climate Protection (MLUK) of the State of Brandenburg, Department 3
VL-MLUK-Abteilung3@MLUK.Brandenburg.de , +49 331 866 7601 (Office)
Last update or date of publication
No information available