Commercial Register Entry Limited Partnership on Shares (KGaA)

How do you register a partnership limited by shares (KGaA) in the commercial register?

Only through entry in the commercial register does the partnership limited by shares (KGaA) become a legal person. Since the KGaA is one of the corporations, it is entered in Department B of the Commercial Register.

The following information is required:

  • domestic business address
  • Nature and scope of the power of representation of the general partners
  • registration
  • Certificate of incorporation with statutes
  • Certificate of appointment of the Supervisory Board
  • List of members of the Supervisory Board, stating the surname, first name, profession and place of residence of the members
  • Proof that the amount paid in is finally at the free disposal of the personally liable partners (bank confirmation)
  • Founding Report
  • Audit reports of the general partners and the members of the Supervisory Board as well as the founding auditors together with their documentary documents
  • in the case of Sections 26 or 27 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG), the contracts on which the determinations are based or have been concluded for their execution as well as a calculation of the foundation expenses charged to the company
  • Certificate of approval if the object of the company or another provision of the articles of association requires state approval

In individual cases, further documents may be required.

§ 12 German Commercial Code (HGB)
§§ 14, 36, 37, 278, 280, 282 German Stock Corporation Act (AktG)
Act on the Costs of Voluntary Jurisdiction for Courts and Notaries (Court and Notary Costs Act GNotKG)


To apply, please contact a notary.

  • The notary advises on the formulation of the application.
  • The registration takes place exclusively by electronic means, for this purpose a publicly certified document is created.
  • The declaration is provided with an electronic signature (within the meaning of § 39a Beurkundungsgesetz/BeurkG) and sent to the electronic court and administrative mailbox of the register court.


Relevant information about your company, such as the company headquarters, the legal form or the authorized representatives, has changed? Then please have the commercial register entry corrected immediately.

Registration is carried out in the same way exclusively by a notary.

Responsible for the content
No technical approval. If necessary, please contact the Ministry of Justice and for Europe and Consumer Protection.
Phone (0331 866-0)

Last update or date of publication
No information available