Library card issue for minors
A library card for minors is available immediately after registration in a library.
If you have registered in a library, you will immediately receive a library card for minors in person or sent by post. The card enables children and young people to borrow or order books or media in a library and to make use of any other library services. For each loan, the ID card must be presented.
Note: The validity of the library card is limited in time (e.B 12 months), so you must apply for an extension if necessary.
- valid identity card or passport with current registration certificate from the responsible residents' registration office or other official identity card with indication of residence
- Declaration of consent of a parent or guardian
Forms: Registration form
Online procedure possible: partial
Written form required: partial
Personal appearance necessary: partial
Minority within the meaning of the legislation
- Children can usually receive their own library card from the beginning of school (school enrolment).
- Loss of identification or changes in personal data must be reported immediately to the library.
- The card remains the property of the library and is not transferable to other persons.
Fee schedule of the respective library
A library card for minors is available after prior registration:
- Submit the application documents to the library.
- Pay the usage fee.
- You will then receive the library card immediately on site or by post within a few days.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg
Last update or date of publication