Birth certificate exhibition multilingual

Do you need an international birth certificate to prove it abroad? You can request such a multilingual extract from the birth register in person, in writing, by fax or by e-mail at the registry office of your place of birth. This document is valid in all states which have signed up to the Convention of 08.09.1976 on the issuance of multilingual extracts from civil status registers. Note: If you need to obtain a birth certificate from another country, please contact the respective German foreign representation. Read the information provided by the Foreign Office.

Identity card or passport (for written applications: certified copy) in the case of application / collection by representatives: written authorisation of the entitled person, his/her ID (original or certified copy and his own ID) where applicable, proof of legal interest

The personal data of the civil status registers are subject to data protection regulations. Register extracts can therefore only be issued for people to which the entry refers as well as for their spouses life partner (in the sense of the LPartG), ancestors and descendants (such as children and grandchildren), sibling if they demonstrate a legitimate interest. Other persons, including close relatives such as aunt and uncle, will only receive a certificate if they can establish a legal interest (examples: letter from the probate court, court ruling or enforceable title). Note: Applicant must be at least 16 years old.
Section 50 Civil Status Ordinance (PStV) Ordinance on fees for public services in the department of the Minister of the Interior and for Local Government - Geb OMIK

Convention of 08.09.1976 on the issuance of multilingual extracts from civil status books:

Personal application Visit the registry office that certified the birth. To legitimize, present your identity card or passport. You usually pay the fee in advance when applying to the registry office. A person of your trust can apply for and collect the certificate for you, your representative will present your own identity card or passport (original or certified copy) in addition to a written authorisation. Application by post or fax Send an informal letter to the competent registry office asking you to issue you with an international birth certificate. Depending on the offer of the city or municipality, you will also find application forms on the Internet. Your letter must include the following information: - Name, first name - Date and place of birth - Name, first name of parents _ if known: registry office and certificate number Attach a certified copy of your identity card or passport to the letter By sending the certificate, you will receive a fee notice. Depending on the offer of the registry office, you can also submit the application online.