Event of a hiking camp advertisement

The organization of a market ("wandering camp") requires official approval.

The organisation of a travelling camp for the distribution of goods or services must be notified to the authority responsible for the location of the event two weeks before the start if the event is to be made known by public announcement. This follows from § 56a sec. 1 sentence 1 GewO.
The hiking camp may only be managed on the spot by the organizer named in the advertisement or a representative authorized by him in writing; the name of the representative shall be communicated to the authority in the notification. If a legal entity acts as the organizer (GmbH, AG, Ltd. ...) a representative must always be specified, as the legal entity cannot act on site in its own person.

The public announcement shall state:

  • the type of good or service to be marketed
  • the location of the event

In the public announcement may not be announced:

  • free donations (goods or services)
  • Competitions, raffles, competitions

The display shall meet the following requirements:

  • 2-fold copy (not necessary when submitting by e-mail or fax)
  • the wording and nature of the public announcement must be indicated
  • The place and time of the event must be indicated
  • The name and address of the organiser and of the person on whose behalf the goods or services are to be distributed must be indicated (home or commercial establishment)
  • if applicable, name of the representative of the organizer authorized in writing
  • Photographing of the tour operator's travel trade card
  • Completed display form
  • Copy of the tour operator's travel trade card

in the case of personal reimbursement of the complaint:

  • additional identity card or passport

in the case of representation:

  • additional power of attorney with identity card of the applicant and the authorized representative

for legal persons:

  • Copy of the current register extract (e.B. commercial register, cooperative or association register)


  • The organizer of a hiking camp must be in possession of a travel trade card.
  • The representative of the organiser authorised in writing must be in possession of a duplicate or a certified copy of the organiser's travel trade card.


The representative of the organizer authorized in writing always acts in this function in accordance with instructions and is therefore dependent. He must therefore be in possession of a duplicate or a certified copy of the tour operator's travel trade card. A possibly existing travel trade card, which the representative has for his own self-employed travel activities, does not meet this requirement.

§ 56a Industrial Code (GewO)

  • Submission of the notification including all required documents
  • Forwarding of a copy of the notification to the locally responsible Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK)
  • Confirmation of the notification by the authority after receipt of the opinion by the IHK

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Economy and Energy

Last update or date of publication