Certificate of enrolment
You can apply for enrolment for a course of study at the respective university.
After a successful application for a study place, you will receive a letter of admission.
As a rule, the enrollment documents are also sent at the same time. You must return these documents by a certain date in order for enrolment to take place.
In addition to the application for enrolment, the university may request further documents for the first enrolment, such as:
- Note of authorization
- Completed declaration that the study place will be accepted
- Original or certified copy of the university entrance qualification
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate if applicable
- Proof of ability to study if you have a service, employment or training relationship (e.g. certificate of service, termination contract)
- Study book with exmatriculation note, if an enrollment at another university took place
- Proof of student health insurance and long-term care insurance
- health certificate (from the family doctor)
- Receipts for paid Studentenwerk fee (This may also be paid in cash on site.)
- Receipt for paid administrative cost contribution
- Photos (usually two photos in passport format 45 x 35 mm)
- Curriculum vitae
Foreign applicants who did not obtain their university entrance qualification in Germany also need:
- proof of German language skills
- the residence permit (student visa)
Note: Check with your university in good time which documents are required for your enrollment.
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: partial
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance necessary: rare
- Level of trust: substantial
- Note of authorization
- Timely written acceptance of the study place
Enrolment regulations of the respective university
University of Potsdam (UP):
European University Viadrina (EUV):
Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf (FUBKW):
University of Applied Sciences Potsdam (FHP)
University of Applied Sciences for Sustainable Development Eberswalde (HNEE):
Brandenburg University of Applied Sciences (THB):
Technical University (TH) Wildau:
Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg
- Enrolment usually takes place online or by post, only rarely is the personal appearance necessary.
- Transfer the semester fee to receive the study documents (semester ID and enrolment certificates for the current semester).
- With the enrollment you are registered as a student of the respective university.
- You can now take your subjects, unless the university prescribes otherwise.
- You must re-register for each new semester on time.
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg
Last update or date of publication