By exmatriculation, your studies at a university will be completed.
Your membership in a university expires upon exmatriculation. It takes place at your request or, in certain cases, ex officio (automatically).
Which documents are required for exmatriculation varies from university to university.
- Forms: partial
- Online procedure possible: partial
- Written form required: partial
- Personal appearance required: no
- Level of trust: substantial
Exmatriculation on request (examples):
- Change of study location (you need the confirmation of exmatriculation from the previous university for enrolment at the new university)
- Termination of studies at your own request
Exmatriculation ex officio (examples):
- Successful completion of studies (the final examination has been passed)
Exmatriculation due to final failure to pass the preliminary, intermediate or final examination
- no timely re-registration for the new semester
- no punctual payment of the required contributions or fees (e.B. Library fees )
The immediate obligation to inform authorities, employers/personnel offices and other institutions about your exmatriculation lies with you.
- It is possible to take certain examinations after exmatriculation at some universities.
- Depending on the time of exmatriculation, a (partial) refund of the fees and contributions already paid is possible.
Exmatriculation or enrolment regulations of the respective university
University of Potsdam (UP):
European University Viadrina (EUV):
- Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg (BTU):
Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf (FUBKW):
University of Applied Sciences Potsdam (FHP):
University of Applied Sciences for Sustainable Development Eberswalde (HNEE):
Brandenburg University of Applied Sciences (THB):
- Technical University (TH) Wildau:
If you would like to terminate your membership at a university at your own request:
normally apply for exmatriculation in writing and, if necessary, justify it
(depending on the respective university)
- You will receive a notification of exmatriculation stating the reason and the date of expiry of the exmatriculation
- exmatriculation usually takes effect at the end of a semester. If there are special reasons, it can also be done immediately (e.B. own application when changing study places to another university)
- It is not possible to apply for retroactive exmatriculation
Responsible for the content
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg
Last update or date of publication