Housing benefit change

You can apply for a new application for a higher housing benefit as a subsidy to your housing costs in the current housing benefit if: your total income has decreased, the number of household members to be taken into account has increased, or your rent or charge on residential property has increased. These changes may, but do not necessarily have to, lead to an increase in housing benefit. You must apply for an increased housing benefit with your local housing benefit authority. The conditions for this claim are examined.

Your application for an increase in housing benefit must include evidence of the changes justifying an increase in housing benefit, e.B. Proof of income (salary certificate, pension certificate, etc.), Rental contract or documentation on the cost of the residential property you use, if you are Eigentümer_in there.

Form: Request for further service or increase: https://secure.service.brandenburg.de/intelliform/forms/wohngeld/wohngeld/weiterleistung/index Online procedure in preparation Written form required Personal appearance may be required

An increase in housing benefit is considered for the following changes: the reduction of income by more than 15%, the increase in the number of household members to be taken into account, increase in rent or burden on residential property by more than 15%. These changes may, but do not have to, lead to an increase in housing benefit. Please contact your local housing benefit authority for details.

If your financial situation or circumstances have improved or changed, there may also be a reduction in housing benefit. They are therefore obliged to notify the Housing Benefit Authority without delay any changes that may lead to a reduction in housing benefit.
Section 27 Housing Benefit Act (WoGG)

www.bmub.bund.de/fileadmin/Daten_BMU/Pools/Broschueren/wohngeld_broschuere_bf.pdf ; https://mil.brandenburg.de/cms/detail.php/bb1.c.234966.de ; Housing benefit calculator

You will only receive a higher housing benefit on an increase application

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Planning of the State of Brandenburg

Last update or date of publication