Catering permits

If you want to run a catering business with an alcohol service as part of a temporary event (e.B.g. kirmes, Stadtfest, Schützenfest) or for any other temporary occasion (e.B. canteen on the occasion of a large construction site), you need a temporary permit (permit). This applies only if the event in question can be attended by anyone or by a specific group of people. A permit is also required if you have a travel business card. On the other other side, you do not need a travel business card for a particular event if you already have a permit (Section 55a para. 1 no. 7 GewO). If you want to participate regularly in a specific recurring event with your catering business (e.B. an annual folk festival), there is basically an alternative to the repeated application for a permit. If there is no change in the spatial conditions or the mode of operation of your business, a permanent permit may be considered. However, the granting of such a permit does not mean that a stand is allocated at the respective event. Since a permit is granted only for the duration of a particular event, i.e. for a limited period, it is subject to less stringent conditions than the granting of a permanent restaurant permit.

Copy of the identity card or passport with registration certificate or presentation on site. residence permit if the applicant is a foreigner and not a national of an EU or EEA country. Current extract from the commercial register Registered companies should submit an up-to-date extract from the commercial register when making an application. Legal entities in the process of formation (GmbH, AG) submit the social contract or the articles of association. Restaurant information in accordance with Section 4 GastG In the event of repeated applications, the presentation of a certificate from an Chamber of Commerce of participation in the restaurant information or a comparable qualification (confirmation by the Chamber of Commerce is required). Application for a management certificate for submission to an authority in accordance with Section 30 (5) of the Federal Central Register Act. Certificate of management is only required if the reliability of the licensing authority is not known. Application for a central business register extract for submission to an authority in accordance with Section 150 (5) of the Commercial Code. A business central register extract is only required if the reliability of the licensing authority is not known. Designation of the temporary event/event with information on the used area (site plan, floor plan of the dispersing area).

Written form required: no Online procedure possible: yes Personal appearance necessary: no

In order to be granted permission, you must Prove your personal reliability, Information from the Federal Central Register and, if necessary, Information from the Business Central Register Prove your professional aptitude Information pursuant to Section 4(1) sentence 1 no. 4 GastG by an Chamber of Commerce and Industry on the broad outlines of the provisions of food law or an exemption pursuant to point 3.4 of the General Administrative Regulation on proof of disclosure in the .m of the Third Demonstrate the existence of spatial requirements for the protection of the life and health of visitors and employees. The authorisation may, where appropriate, be subject to conditions in order to ensure this condition.

As part of the permit, conditions may be issued at any time, which must be implemented by you.

Responsible for the content
Ministry of Economy, Innovation, Digitization and Energy NRW

Last update or date of publication