When the child's passport expires, you can apply for a new normal passport or an identity card, which is perfectly sufficient as an identification document within the EU.

Children's passports can no longer be applied for or extended.

Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Please select where you would like to apply for the service:

Information about the service depends on the selected region. In most cases, you can specify your place of residence or select the place where you want to use the service.