If you have German citizenship and do not live in Germany, you can apply for an identity card at selected missions abroad that have been designated as identity card authorities by the German Foreign Office.

Unfortunately this specification of service has not yet been completely translated.

Please select where you would like to apply for the service:

Information about the service depends on the selected region. In most cases, you can specify your place of residence or select the place where you want to use the service.