# Permission to operate a motor vehicle and professional expertise
For everyone from HGV drivers to safety advisors for dangerous goods, working in goods transport is demanding and challenging. Certain skills and types of expertise are essential for the logistics industry to work safely and professionally. Here you will find answers to questions about permission to operate a motor vehicle, certifying professional expertise and other forms of certification.To Services
Information about Rights & Duties
On Sundays and public holidays, trucks with a maximum permissible mass exceeding 7.5 t and trailers behind trucks are not allowed to drive between 0:00 and 22:00. This ban does not apply to certain goods (e.g. various perishable foodstuffs).
Furthermore, an exemption may be granted under certain conditions, e.g. for:
- live animals
- cut flowers and live plants
- agricultural products in their harvest season, if they are not already exempted
- equipment, exhibits and foodstuffs for fairs, exhibitions, markets, public festivals, cultural or sporting events
- Trips by vintage trucks to trade fairs, exhibitions, markets, public festivals, cultural or sporting events
- Newspapers and magazines with publication dates on Sundays or holidays or on the following day
- Goods for the timely loading or unloading of sea-going vessels or aircraft, provided that it is proven that the use of a specific ship or air connection or a direct connecting transport by road on Sundays or holidays is urgently required for reasons of general welfare or in the interest of the applicant
- relief goods to or for crisis and/or emergency regions
- Empty runs and return transports connected with the above-mentioned journeys
Would you like to work as a speech therapist in Germany? Then you need a state permit.
In order to obtain state permission, you can have your foreign professional qualification recognised.
Would you like to work in Germany as a nurse? Then you need a state permit. To do this, you must submit an application and have your foreign professional qualification recognised.
You would like to work as a nurse in Germany? Then you need a state permit. To obtain the state permit, you must submit an application and you can have your foreign professional qualification recognized.