# Consumer protection
As a consumer, you want to take part in business transactions without endangering your health or your economic interests. Consumer protection shields you from dangers that you would not be able to detect yourself, such as food safety and product safety issues.To Services
Information about Rights & Duties
- Buying goods, digital content or services (including financial services) from another Member State, online or in person
- Connection to household utilities
- Consumer rights and guarantees related to buying goods and services, including procedures for consumer dispute resolution and compensation
- Data protection and online privacy
- Holding a bank account in another Member State
- Payments, transfers and cheques
- Renting a motor vehicle
- Safety and security of consumer products
If you would like to know what information about you is stored in the Central Register of Foreigners, you can obtain information under certain conditions. German citizens are not stored in the Central Register of Foreigners.
Spam mails are unsolicited and/or unsolicited electronic advertising messages sent to you in which services and/or products are advertised.
If you want to know what information is stored about you in the Visa Warning File, you can request information.