# Boat ownership
Ahoy there! Do you have a boat or would you like to become captain of your own ship? Whether it’s a dinghy, a motorboat or a yacht, there are certain things you need to know. Do I need a boating licence? What do I need to know about a boat registration number or about insurance?To Services
Information about Rights & Duties
Every dog owner is obliged to register his dog.
The obligation to notify is regulated in detail in the respective municipal statutes. This provides for a notification requirement on a regular basis,
- if the dog is older than three or four months,
- in the event of a new acquisition of a dog or migration with a dog,
- care or custody of a dog for a period of more than two or three months.
In addition, a separate registration in the dog register is necessary, which is not carried out by the competent authority.
If you want to organize a trade fair, an exhibition or a market, you need a permit.
The consultations are currently only taking place in the ÖRA main office (Dammtorstraße 14) by appointment, including those of the district offices. The ÖRA district offices are closed to the public until further notice.
The ÖRA also offers out-of-court dispute resolution
- in civil law matters for all natural and legal persons inside and outside Hamburg. Settlement negotiations in the case of a complicated legal situation and high amounts in dispute are led by special chairmen. The application suspends the statute of limitations. The negotiated settlements are enforceable titles.
- The ÖRA mediates in criminal proceedings if the accused lives in Hamburg.
- With mediation, the ÖRA helps in escalating family and inheritance law conflicts as well as disputes in work and business life. All mediators are certified (BAFM / BM). The offer is open to everyone and every woman.
Eligibility certificate for counseling assistance: The authorization certificate for counseling assistance from a lawyer in advance of legal proceedings, which may be known from other federal states, does not exist in Hamburg. Under the above conditions, advice from the ÖRA is possible in Hamburg.
Legal aid / legal aid: If a legal dispute becomes unavoidable, the ÖRA advises on the possibility of obtaining legal aid / legal aid. The advisors will also explain to you how you can find a competent lawyer for your specific case, as the ÖRA cannot represent you in court.
If you cannot reach an agreement in a dispute with a postal company, the Federal Network Agency can mediate under certain conditions.
In case of basic problems with mail or parcel delivery, you can complain to Bundesnetzagentur.
If you are in dispute with your telecommunications provider, you can, under certain conditions, turn to the Telecommunications Arbitration Board of the Federal Network Agency. It can help settle the dispute without having to go to court.