# Permission to operate a motor vehicle and professional expertise
For everyone from HGV drivers to safety advisors for dangerous goods, working in goods transport is demanding and challenging. Certain skills and types of expertise are essential for the logistics industry to work safely and professionally. Here you will find answers to questions about permission to operate a motor vehicle, certifying professional expertise and other forms of certification.To Services
Information about Rights & Duties
Would you like to work in Germany as a nurse? Then you need a state permit. To do this, you must submit an application and have your foreign professional qualification recognised.
You would like to work as a nurse in Germany? Then you need a state permit. To obtain the state permit, you must submit an application and you can have your foreign professional qualification recognized.
On Sundays and public holidays, trucks with a maximum permissible mass of more than 7.5 t and trailers behind trucks are not allowed to operate between 0 a.m. and 10 p.m. This prohibition does not apply to certain goods (e.g. various perishable foods).
Furthermore, an exemption may be granted under certain conditions, e.g. for:
- live animals
- Cut flowers and live plants
- agricultural products during their harvest period, unless they are already exempted
- Equipment and exhibits as well as food for fairs, exhibitions, markets, folk festivals, cultural or sporting events
- Trips of vintage trucks to trade fairs, exhibitions, markets, folk festivals, cultural and sporting events
- Newspapers and periodicals published on Sundays, public holidays or the following day
- goods for the timely loading or unloading of seagoing vessels or aircraft, provided that it is demonstrated that the use of a specific ship or air connection or direct onward transport by road on Sundays or public holidays is urgently necessary for reasons of general interest or in the interest of the applicant
- Relief supplies in or for crisis and/or emergency regions
- Empty and return journeys in connection with the aforementioned journeys