# Owning a motor vehicle
So you’ve finally decided on a car and now you want to drive it? Or is it finally time to retire your trailer? Either way, you’re in the right place. From original registration and notification of a change of address to de-registration, you can find out what you need, along with lots of other information and contact details, here.To Services
Information about Rights & Duties
The declaration of consent should show that you agree to travel abroad. They facilitate the work of the border police to prevent child abduction or the unauthorized removal of children from the sphere of influence of one or both legal guardians.
The following content is recommended for the declaration of consent:
- the personal details of your child or the other minor for whom you have custody
- Your own personal details and information about your availability
- the planned itinerary
- the personal details of adult accompanying persons
- the certification of your signature (by a notary)
- If necessary, a translation of the entire declaration of consent into the national language of the target country (for example by a translation agency)
If you buy an electric vehicle, you can apply for an environmental bonus of up to EUR 6,000. The exact amount depends, among other things, on the vehicle's drive and its base price.
- All German children up to the age of 12 can receive a children's passport.
- The children's passport has been issued since November 1st, 2007 up to the age of 12 at the most. It is valid for one year and can be extended by one year at a time up to the age of twelve.
- At the request of the parents, passports or identity cards can also be issued for children under the age of 12.
- To apply for and extend the validity of the child's passport, a joint application by the custodians is required.
- The signature must be provided by the child if they have reached the age of ten at the time of the application.
In the event of an emergency, you can be issued with an emergency travel document by the border authorities (Federal Police) before you travel, provided that you are a national of Germany or another EU Member State or have a secure residence status.
A vehicle re-registration is always given when a vehicle is brought from outside to Hamburg as part of the move. A vehicle re-registration is also given if a Hamburg resident buys a registered vehicle away from home.
You can deregister your motor vehicle with the competent registration authority,
- if you intend to sell it,
- if you temporarily do not use it, or
- if you want to have it recycled.
With the decommissioning (deregistration) the registration of the vehicle for public road traffic is terminated. The most common reason for this is the sale of the vehicle. Another common reason is the temporary non-use of motorcycles over the winter months.
- After deregistration, you no longer have to pay insurance and taxes for the vehicle.
- The registration authority therefore informs your car insurance company and the customs administration, which collects the vehicle tax, about the deregistration.
- The vehicle may no longer be driven or parked on public roads after deregistration.
- The deregistration can be made at any licensing authority.
- You can reserve your license plate for one year for the purpose of re-registration.
Wenn Sie außerhalb der EU verreisen möchten, dann benötigen Sie meist einen Reisepass. Diesen müssen Sie beantragen.